Neck Liposuction Surgery
Your neck is an aesthetically prominent area of your body. Excess fat deposits in the neck area can result in an unattractive and older appearance. Neck liposuction cosmetic surgery can be helpful in restoring a youthful and slimmer looking neck.
You should undergo a detailed pre-operative consultation process for acquiring desirable and safe results. During the consultation, your surgeon will explain the various steps involved in the procedure and its preparation. Patients that are well-prepared tend to feel more confident about the procedure as opposed to patients that don’t know what they are getting into. They also attain higher satisfaction levels from their surgery.
Board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Eric Yavrouian provides neck liposuction to patients in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and surrounding locations.
Steps for Preparation
These are a few preparatory steps that patients need to complete before the surgery day:
- Arrange to have your medical records sent to the surgeon’s office. It should ideally be sent before the pre-operative consultation.
- List all medications, whether prescription, nonprescription, herbal or vitamin supplements. Your surgeon would want to have a look at them during the initial consultation.
- Get all necessary x-rays and lab tests done as advised by the cosmetic surgeon
- Avoid smoking for the recommended duration as directed by the plastic surgeon
- Finish all important tasks at work and home so that you can enjoy a relaxed recovery phase
- Arrange to have someone drive you home after the neck liposuction procedure
- Arrange for aftercare if needed
- Apply for at least a week’s leave from the workplace
Patient should follow detailed instructions of the surgeon for desirable and safe surgical results.
What to Do a Day before Neck Liposuction Surgery?
These are a few suggestions patients should follow a day before the neck liposuction plastic surgery:
- Sleep properly before the surgery
- Don’t drink or eat anything for at least 8 hours before the surgery
- Don’t drink alcohol for at least 48 hours before the surgery
- Avoid wearing contact lenses, makeup, nail paint, body piercings and jewelry to the surgeon’s office
- Wear loose-fitting and comfortable clothing
- Assess your vital parameters if you are diabetic on the morning of the surgery
Your surgeon may put you on antibiotics before the plastic surgery. You and your attendant should be prepared to be in the surgeon’s office for the whole day since the procedure can easily take 2 hours to complete. You may need to spend additional time in the recovery area.
Other Things to Take Care Of
You should stock up on essentials before the procedure, such as comfortable clothing, pain medications, extra pillows, and ice packs. You may consider setting up a comfortable and personal ‘recovery space’ in your house as well.
Patients may require additional assistance at home for a few days following the procedure. You should consider arranging for someone to help you with household chores. Board certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Eric Yavrouian receives patients from Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and nearby areas for neck liposuction.
Contact Us For a Consultation with Southern California Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon Dr. Eric Yavrouian
For more information about treatments and procedures by Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Eric J. Yavrouian, serving patients in and around Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and the Greater Los Angeles, CA area call 818-241-2150 or click here to contact him for a consultation.