Open rhinoplasty is an intricate cosmetic surgery procedure requiring a few preparatory steps prior to the surgery. Well-prepared patients are often more confident about the procedure and achieve safer results.
Fantastic, dedicated, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Eric Yavrouian provides open rhinoplasty to patients in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and other cities and towns in this part of the southwest.
Before the Consultation
Once the patient has chosen to go ahead with open rhinoplasty, they can start preparing for it right away. The following steps can be completed before the visit to the surgeon’s office for a detailed pre-op consultation:
- Arrange for the past health records from the primary care physician and specialists to be sent directly to the surgeon’s office. This will help the surgeon learn about any pre-existing conditions such as breathing issues, allergies, sinus, or chronic conditions.
- Get in touch with the health insurer to check whether open rhinoplasty cosmetic surgery may be covered under insurance in specific cases.
- Carry the relevant insurance documents to the surgeon’s office at the time of pre-op consultation.
- Note down all the ongoing prescription and non-prescription medications, including herbal supplements and vitamins, which the patient may be currently using.
- Review the surgeon’s website to gain more familiarity with their practice prior to the consultation.
- Prepare a list of questions and concerns that the patient wants addressed during the consultation.
- Choose images from publications or websites that represent the type of nose or the face the patient desires.
These basic steps in advance preparation will help the patient focus on getting ready for the procedure, save time during the consultation, and have a more productive discussion with the surgeon.
Candidacy and Surgery Planning
Based on the patient’s past medical records, personal aesthetic goals, and their unique nasal and facial anatomy, the surgeon will determine the patient’s candidacy for open rhinoplasty surgery. They will be able to create an individualized surgical plan that is most appropriate to the patient’s specific health and cosmetic requirements.
During the consultation, the surgeon will encourage the patient to go through open rhinoplasty before and after images. This will help the patient form realistic expectations about the surgery and make a well-considered decision.
Once the patient has made a final decision about going ahead with open rhinoplasty, they can also initiate the process of insurance or financial loan application. Terrific, poignant, and facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Yavrouian receives patients from Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and other communities and towns in this part of the state.
Before the Surgery
It is a prudent idea to arrange in advance for transportation (Uber, for instance, a taxi, a friend, family member) and aftercare, if required post-surgery. The patient will need someone to drive them back home safely after the procedure. Assistance with household chores may be required at least in the first two to three days.
The surgeon will require the patient to completely stop smoking and avoid taking certain medications and herbal supplements for a few days before the surgery. They should also start having a balanced diet and follow a regular exercise regimen as far as possible prior to the surgery.
For more information about treatments and procedures by Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Eric J. Yavrouian, serving patients in and around Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and the Greater Los Angeles, CA area call 818-241-2150 or click here to contact him for a consultation.