A brow lift or forehead lift is an upper face cosmetic surgery procedure to tighten loose skin on the forehead and between the brows to create a more youthful facial look. The procedure can be performed using incisions of varying lengths in different locations, depending on the patient’s unique needs.
The operating surgeon will carefully determine a patient’s candidacy before recommending them for this procedure. Facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Eric Yavrouian provides brow lift and forehead lift procedures to patients in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills CA, and surrounding locations.
When to Consider a Forehead Lift
Patients may consider a brow lift or forehead lift cosmetic surgery procedure if they are bothered by the appearance of one or more conditions:
- Drooping or low position of the eyebrow is causing a tired, grumpy, or sad look on the face
- Deep horizontal lines and creases on the forehead are making the face appear older
- The area between the brows or the area across the top of the nose is marked by deep frown lines or furrows
- Loose skin or fatty tissue is hanging over the eyes, and may cause partial vision obstruction
Individuals who seek brow lift or forehead lift for one or more of the following reasons usually make good candidates for this surgery:
- The outer part of the brow is sagging, leading to a sad facial expression
- The central part of the brow tends to hang down, resulting in an angry look
- Fine lines are visible between the eyes
- The patient is unable to apply makeup on the upper lids because the surface area is obstructed due to drooping tissue
- On gently raising the skin above the eyebrow into a pleasing position, if the excess skin in the upper lid is largely gone, then a brow lift may be the right choice
The surgeon will determine whether a brow lift or a combination of brow lift, eyelid lift or another procedure may be the best treatment option to meet the candidate’s specific goals.
Other Attributes of Candidates
Most patients seeking forehead lift or brow surgery will be above the age of 40, whose eyelids and brow lift have conspicuously begun to sag, and creases or wrinkles are beginning to show along the forehead. In a few cases, an individual in the age group of 20 to 40 may choose brow lift if they have a family history of this problem.
A good candidate should be in reasonably good health to sustain the surgery and should have a clear understanding of what it can or cannot accomplish. They should have a commitment to follow the surgeon’s instructions regarding refraining from smoking and avoiding certain medications for a specified time period.
Facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Yavrouian receives patients from Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills CA, and other area in this part of the state for brow lift surgery.
For more information about treatments and procedures by Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Eric J. Yavrouian, serving patients in and around Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and the Greater Los Angeles, CA area call 818-241-2150 or click here to contact him for a consultation.