The neck is an aesthetically prominent part of the body, and sagging skin in the neck can create an older or unsightly appearance.
A neck lift is an ideal cosmetic surgery procedure to restore a tighter, youthful looking neck. The procedure must be preceded by a proper preparation process to ensure safe and desirable outcomes. At the time of pre-op consultation, the surgeon will explain the steps involved in preparation.
Patients who are well-prepared will typically feel more confident about the procedure and will draw better satisfaction levels in the end from neck lift surgery. Dr. Eric Yavrouian is a facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon providing neck lift to patients in Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and surrounding communities and cities in this part of Southern California.
Steps for Preparation
Before the date of surgery, the patient should ideally complete the following preparatory steps:
- Arrange in advance to send the previous health records to the surgeon’s office, ideally before the pre-op consultation.
- Make a list of all the prescription and non-prescription drugs, including herbal remedies and vitamin supplements to show to the surgeon during the initial consultation.
- Get the required x-ray or lab tests done as advised by the surgeon.
- Adjust the schedule of prescription medications in consultation with the doctor, if necessary.
- Refrain from smoking for a specified time period as instructed by the surgeon.
- Complete any urgent tasks at home or office well before the date of surgery in order to have a stress-free time for post-surgical recovery.
- Arrange for someone who can drive the patient back home after the outpatient neck lift cosmetic surgery.
- If necessary, arrange for aftercare for a few days.
- Apply in advance for leave from the place of work for about one week.
The patient should be committed to following the surgeon’s guidelines for preparation in order to have a safe and smooth surgery and recovery.
A Day before Surgery
The patient should follow these tips just a day before the neck lift procedure:
- Rest sufficiently and have a good night’s sleep before the surgery.
- Avoid eating or drinking for about eight hours prior to the neck lift surgery.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages for at least 48 hours before the surgery.
- Avoid wearing any makeup, nail paint, body piercings, contact lenses or jewelry on the day of the surgery.
- Wear a comfortable, loose fitting top with front buttons on the day of the surgery.
- Diabetics should have their vital parameters checked on the morning of the surgery.
The patient may stock up on a few essential items such as pain meds, loose fitting clothes, ice packs, and extra pillows at home well in advance. The patient may choose to set up a personal ‘recovery station’ near their bedside to have a more comfortable recovery at home.
Percipient and fantastic facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon Dr. Yavrouian receives patients from Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank, Greater Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, CA, and other areas in this geographical region of The Golden State for a neck lift.
For more information about treatments and procedures by Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon, Dr. Eric J. Yavrouian, serving patients in and around Glendale, Pasadena, Burbank and the Greater Los Angeles, CA area call 818-241-2150 or click here to contact him for a consultation.